This technical report provides general requirements for the photometry of lamps and luminaires of most types and includes the following information:
- standard test conditions under which the tests should be carried out, with acceptable practical tolerances;
- selection procedures for lamps and luminaires;
- procedures for measurement of the photometric characteristics of lamps and luminaires and assessment of the possible sources of error;
- correction factors and service conversion factors;
- presentation of test results.
The report is considered to be sufficiently comprehensive to form a practical guide for industrial laboratories and contains sufficient information to replace publication CIE 24-1973 Photometry of indoor type luminaires and CIE 27-1973 Photometry of luminaires for street lighting.
CIE will publish supplementary reports covering these types of luminaires more specifically.
This Technical Report is written in English with a short summary in French and German. It contains 53 pages, with 5 figures and 3 tables.
The following members of TC 2-10 took part in the preparation of this technical report:
- G. Vandermeersch, Belgium (Chairman)
- S. Almási, Hungary
- H. Arai, Japan
- P. Blazer, Switzerland
- A. Blochouse, Belgium
- T.V. Collins, Great Britain
- A.Corrons, Spain
- C. Cazabat, Argentina
- J. Krochmann, Germany
- J. Lecocq, France
- R. Levin, USA
- I. Lewin, USA
- D. Price, Great Britain
- J.C. Procter, Great Britain
- R. Rattunde, Germany
- M. Skonieczna, Poland
- P. Soardo, Italy
- G. Vadas, Hungary
- M. Vermeulen, The Netherlands