Practical Design Guidelines for the Lighting of Sport Events for Colour Television and Filming
ISBN 978 3 901906 44 2
This Technical Report gives practical guidance to those concerned with the designing and planning of sports facilities where lighting is required to meet the needs of colour television and filming.
The report should be read in conjunction with CIE 83-1989, which defines the quantitative lighting requirements. This report is arranged in three main sections:
- Firstly, there is general guidance on sports lighting design including luminaires and lamp types, calculation methods, and electrical installation.
- The second section lists 51 sports with specific advice on the lighting of each.
- The third section gives references to relevant standards and in particular publications in which new sports lighting installations may be described.
The report is written in English, with a short summary in French and German. It consists of 79 pages with 90 figures and 1 table.
The following members of TC 5-11 "Practical Design Guidelines for Sports Lighting Installations for Television" took part in the preparation of this Technical Report:
- H.M. Allegue, Argentina
- G.J. van den Beld, The Netherlands (Chair from 1997)
- A.Birmingham, Great Britain
- H.D. Einhorn, South Africa
- L. Di Fraia, Italy
- R.A. Hargroves, Great Britain (Chair until 1997)
- J. Horváth, Hungary
- E. Kasurinen, Finland
- J. Lecocq, France
- T.M. Lemons, USA
- L. Ludwig, Germany
- P. Nilanen, Finland
- C. Potter, Great Britain
- A. Stockmar, Germany
- E. Wittwer, Switzerland
- K. Yoshikawa, Japan
- C.H. Zieseniss, Germany